There are few things more important than water quality. When it comes to the water that comes out of your faucets, the minerals that live inside your water supply can have various effects on your sinks and fixtures. The best way to ensure that your West Palm Beach, FL water quality is up to par is with a whole-house water softener system that will remove impurities from your water so you no longer have to suffer from hard water. Give us a call today to find out how your home can benefit from the installation of this innovative system.
Call and ask about our extended warranties on new equipment with our Diamond Club Membership.
What Is Hard Water?
If you’ve never heard of hard water, there’s a good chance you’ve been living with it unknowingly. Hard water is water that contains a high mineral content. This water usually contains minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and traces of other minerals. The higher the calcium and magnesium content, the harder your water will be.
Although it is safe to drink and use, over time, hard water can have negative effects on your filters such as stains in your sinks and tubs, stains in clothes and linens, and higher water bills since your appliances have to work harder when utilizing hard water.
Signs You Have Hard Water
If you’re unsure whether you have hard water in your home or not, there are a few signs you can take heed to that let you know your water’s mineral count is higher than normal. Some of these signs include:
- Low Water Pressure: One sign that you have hard water is if you notice your shower and faucets have low water pressure. This is because hard water can actually clog your pipes and drains due to the high concentration of minerals.
- Scale Buildup: Another common sign that you have hard water is if you notice scale built up on your faucets and fixtures. You may notice white, chalky residue on your sinks or around your toilets.
- Dry Skin & Hair: When you have hard water, you will notice a negative impact on your skin and hair. The mineral deposits in the water can dry out your skin and hair and leave them feeling brittle.
- Soap Doesn’t Lather: Another sign that you have hard water is if your soap doesn’t lather. The minerals in the water may not react well with the chemicals in your soap and the result is walking away from showers feeling less clean than you would want.
Benefits of Water Softener Installation
A water softener system removes the hardness in your water by removing the minerals that cause your water to be hard in the first place. These systems utilize a process referred to as ion exchange. As your hard water enters the tank, it circulates through a bed of negatively-charged resin beads which are then charged with a sodium ion.
Since the minerals in your hard water have a positive charge, these elements become cations. As your hard water passes through the resin, the beads take the mineral ions and remove them, making your water soft and enjoyable.
There are many benefits you can expect to reap after getting your water softener system installed. These benefits include:
- Extended life of water fixtures and appliances
- Softer skin & hair
- Cleaner dishes and laundry
- And more!
As stated above, hard water can wreak havoc on your fixtures and appliances. Call us today for all your water heater replacement needs, toilet replacement services, etc.
Your Trusted Water Quality Experts!
Since 1991, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing the greater West Palm Beach area with quality water quality services. Whether you’re in need of water filtration or water softening services, we can help! Our team of experts go above and beyond to ensure we treat your home with the utmost respect which is why our specialists always wear floor-savers when we enter your home. Give us a call today and find out why we’re clearly the best when it comes to quality customer service, affordable membership plans, and flexible financing options!