There are few things more frustrating than getting hit with a high water bill that you didn’t expect. You find yourself thinking: Did we really use that much more water this month? In most cases, the answer is no. Unless you’ve recently undergone a drastic change in the household, chances are your water consumption rate rarely fluctuates. So if you notice a huge increase, you most likely have a leak somewhere in your West Palm Beach, FL home you don’t know about. The best way to find any hidden leaks in your home is with professional leak detection services. Call Cleary Plumbing & Air today to schedule your free home inspection!
Are you constantly experiencing leaks in your home? You may be in need of whole home repiping services! Give us a call today and find out how our services can benefit you!
Common Causes of Water Leaks
Leaks are far from uncommon. However, as common as they are, few people are aware of how and why they occur and what they can do to prevent them to the best of their ability. Some of the most common causes of the water leaks we treat include:
- Running Toilets: Did you know that a running toilet can waste a gallon of water in half a minute? The primary reason our toilets run is that our flappers have become ineffective and need replacing. Call us today and ask about our toilet repair services.
- Intrusion of Tree Roots: No matter how hard man tries, we are no match for mother nature. Tree roots are one of the primary causes of leaks in our pipes as they grow and intrude on our home’s pipe casing as these roots try to consume the water found in our pipes.
- Old Age: The only thing more determined than mother nature is time. No matter how hard we try to resist, things age and outgrow their usefulness. Our pipes are no exception. As our piping becomes older and begins to break down, pipes become susceptible to experiencing cracks and leaks.
- Frozen Pipes: Unstable weather conditions are another common cause behind leaky pipes. As the temperatures outside begin to drop, the water moving through our pipes can become frozen, thus adding an increased amount of pressure to our pipes.
Signs You Have a Water Leak
Since water leaks are a fairly common occurrence, it’s no secret that there are common signs to look out for when they are present. Some leaks are less obvious and visible than others so it’s important we pay attention to the signs that indicate a leak is present. Some of these signs include:
- Spike in Water Consumption: When leaks are present, our water consumption can skyrocket. Whether from a running toilet or a damaged main water line, any increased usage of water will reflect back once we get our monthly water bills. If you notice an increase in your water usage without actually increasing your water consumption, you may have a leak.
- Damp Spots in Home: Another common sign you have a water leak in your home is the presence of damp spots on your ceilings, walls, or flooring. These damp spots quickly become breeding grounds for the growth of mold and mildew and should be addressed right away.
- Cracks in Foundation: As our homes grow older, our foundation becomes less stable over time. However, old age alone shouldn’t trigger the onset of foundation cracking so if you notice cracks, there’s a good chance you have a leak somewhere.
- Reduced Water Pressure: Another great way to determine if a leak is present is by paying attention to the water pressure in your home. When leaks are present, often the first thing to change is the strength of the water pressure coming from our faucets.
We understand that water leaks don’t adhere to traditional business hours. That is why we provide our clients with professional 24-hour services for those emergencies that just can’t wait.
How We Detect Water Leaks
At Cleary Plumbing & Air, our professionals are trained to detect water leaks from a mile away. After our detection services, we will create a personalized solution that will generate long-lasting results and be the least intrusive. Our two methods for detecting silent leaks are:
- Our professional plumbing procedures pinpoint the exact location of the leak and find the original problem.
- Innovative equipment allows us to locate the leak by picking up on frequency underneath the slab of your home.
Since 1991, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing South Florida with quality and professional water services. Whether you have a running toilet spiking your water bill or your main water line has sprung a leak, we can help. Give us a call today and we’ll show you why we’re clearly the best!