Tankless water heaters have been a game-changer when it comes to innovative water heating methods that are energy-efficient. Tankless water heaters are life-changing due to their ability to provide hot water on demand in your West Palm Beach, FL home. That means no more waiting for your water to heat up after your children just took a 20-minute shower. If you’re on the market for a brand new tankless water heater or your current unit needs repairs, call Cleary Plumbing & Air and find out how our installation and replacement services can benefit you!
Planning to install a new tankless water heater? Enjoy a 3-year labor warranty on your new install, along with annual maintenance, priority service, and more when you join our Diamond Club Membership.
What Is a Tankless Water Heater?
Compared to their traditional counterparts, tankless water heaters don’t need to store water in order to heat it. Thanks to a nifty heat exchanger, tankless units can supply heated water on demand without needing to wait on a long heating process. This means there is no energy wasted storing gallons of heated water waiting to be used.
The process is fairly simple as it includes a draw method to heat your home’s water supply. Once the cold water has been drawn in, a flow sensor activates the burner which then is heated by the heat exchanger. The water is then heated to a specified temperature dependent upon your unit’s settings.
Signs Your Tankless Water Heater Needs Repair
Although these tankless water heaters are durable and have a long lifespan, there may come a time when you need a repair service done. Some of the most common signs your tankless water heater is in need of professional attention include:
- You have no hot water: Tankless water heaters are famous for their ability to generate hot water instantly. So if your unit is unable to supply hot water at all, there is definitely something wrong with your water heater. This problem could be triggered by old, damaged interior parts or your water heater may have simply lived out its lifespan of 15 to 20 years.
- Your unit makes weird noises: Another reason why many people opt for tankless water heaters is that they are relatively quiet devices. So if your tankless water heater has been emitting strange noises, it may be time for repair services.
- Your home is experiencing foul-smelling water: Another unpleasant common sign associated with water heater issues is foul-smelling water. This can occur when debris and bacteria become trapped within our units which is a breeding ground for unwanted contaminants. Proper maintenance will ensure this issue is eliminated or reduced greatly.
- Intermittent hot water: Tankless units require annual flushing. This will keep the lines clear of debris, which is the number one cause of intermittent hot water.
Are you experiencing water heater issues in the wee hours of the night? If so, don’t worry! Cleary Plumbing & Air provides quality 24/7 emergency services.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater Upgrade
As stated throughout this article, tankless water heaters are a wonderful alternative to traditional units. Some of the benefits you can expect to reap once you upgrade to a tankless water heater include:
- Improved energy efficiency: Thanks to its lack of storage tank, you no longer have to be concerned with all of the energy wasted that goes into heating water you don’t currently need.
- Longer lasting: Another beneficial factor of having a tankless water heater is they last a lot longer than conventional water heaters. While traditional units usually last up to 10 years, tankless water heaters can perform well at double that age.
- Silent operation: Since no water is being gathered in a large tank, you don’t have to worry about the humming sound of a motor constantly heating water.
- Space saver: Tired of that bulky water tank? Tankless systems save space and can be discreetly mounted on a wall or even outside.
Give Us a Call Today!
Since 1991, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing Southern Florida with professional water heater services. Whether you’re on the market for your first tankless water heater unit or your current unit is need of repairs or replacement, we’ve got you covered. Give us a call today and take advantage of our membership and financing plans! We provide free home inspections on every service call, making us clearly the best!