Clogged drains are a common headache amongst homeowners and business owners alike. When our drains become clogged, it becomes nearly impossible to perform simple everyday tasks such as washing dishes or taking showers. There are many issues that can lead to clogged drains but the most effective solution remains the same: professional drain cleaning service in the West Palm Beach area. Here at Cleary Plumbing & Air, our plumbing experts provide professional drain cleaning services at competitive rates that won’t break the bank. Call us today to find out how our drain cleaning services can benefit you.
Clogged drains left unattended can lead to increased pressure on our pipes. This problem will inevitably lead to a burst if not treated properly. If you find yourself in this situation, call us today and ask about our professional burst pipe repair services.
Do You Need Drain Camera Inspection?
Drain and sewer camera inspection is a good idea if your drains frequently back up, you've noticed one or more clogged drains in your home. Higher than usual water bills can also indicate a leak. Video camera inspection can detect where any leaks may be occurring so they can be fixed.
Another good time to invest in CCTV drain camera inspection is if you are considering purchasing a home. Camera inspection can make sure your drains and sewer lines are free of leaks, cracks or defects which could fall on you to repair as the new homeowner. Spotting problems before you move in may give you leverage in negotiating a lower selling price of the home.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
If you’re wondering if professional drain cleaning is for you, there are a few indicators that let you know it would be beneficial. Some of the most common signs your drains need to be professionally cleaned include:
- Foul Odor: If you have substances clogging your drain, chances are you’ll smell it sooner or later. This is especially true in rooms like the kitchen where food particles become trapped in our drains and begin to break down over time.
- Frequent Clogs: Another sure way to know it’s time for professional treatment is if you find yourself dealing with clogs frequently. Store-bought cleaners can only do but so much when it comes to removing blockages for good so if you’re making a trip to the cleaning aisle every other week, there’s a good chance the clog is deeper than you think.
- Slow Draining: Another common occurrence you will experience when it’s time for drain cleaning are drains that are slow to drain. No one likes standing in a mini bath when they’ve opted for a shower so it can be quite the headache when our drains take forever to properly deplete.
- Gurgling Sounds: If your kitchen or bathroom sink begins to talk to you, there’s a good chance something is wrong. When our drains become clogged, you may be able to hear the water fighting to get passed whatever is obstructing its flow.
- Tree Roots: If your drains are slow to empty, you notice sinkholes in parts of your lawn, or you notice unpleasant odors inside or outside the home, there may be a blockage in your main sewer or drain pipe caused by tree roots. Hydrojetting is typically the best solution to these blockages.
- Broken Pipes: If you have a broken drain or sewer pipe, there may be a blockage that is putting pressure on the line. Investing in professional drain cleaning today can prevent the issue from getting worse and costing you more time and money in the future.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
The best way to prevent your home’s drains from becoming clogged is by knowing what causes these blockages in the first place. Some of the most common culprits we see include:
- Hair: When it comes to our drains, they have one arch-enemy: hair. Daily activities such as shaving, washing our hair in the shower, etc. can cause our drains to be stopped up, it prevents the flow of water and leads to slow draining and complete blockages. The best way to prevent this from happening in your home is to invest in a drain protector that will prevent this hair from getting lodged in your drains.
- Improper Toilet Etiquette: Another sure way to cause blockages in your home’s drains is by flushing foreign objects down your toilet. Foreign objects include anything that is not human waste or toilet paper (baby wipes, feminine products, diapers, etc). Since our toilets are not designed to withstand these materials, they can become lodged in our drains creating stubborn blockages.
- Grease: Our bathroom drains aren’t the only ones susceptible to clogs. Our kitchen drains are often bombarded with items that are famous for causing blockages such as cooking grease or food items such as bones, apple cores, and more. The best way to prevent this from occurring is by disposing of grease outside and properly using your garbage disposal.
- Mineral Buildup: Another common culprit behind clogged drains is mineral buildup that can be caused by hard water. Hard water is when minerals such as iron, magnesium, and other particles infiltrate our water supply and wreak havoc on our pipes and fixtures. The best way to prevent this from occurring is with water softening treatment that can remove these substances from your water supply.
If your home has hard water, call us today and find out how our water softener installation services can benefit you!
Call Our Drain-Cleaning Experts Today!
From jammed garbage disposals to sinks that take forever to drain, clogged drains can cause an array of issues around your home. That’s why Cleary Plumbing & Air, your dependable drain cleaning company, is here to provide long-lasting solutions and get rid of those stubborn clogs once and for all.
Using our state-of-the-art equipment, our experts will be able to ease your mind as we get rid of those gurgling sounds or foul odors emitting from your sink using our trusted hydro jetting method. Give us a call today and take advantage of our affordable financing and membership plans. We even provide free inspections with every service call!