Having some type of plumbing issue is about as common as owning a toilet. They can happen to anyone and at any time. When problems such as clogged drains or hot water heaters that can’t heat your water arise, it’s time to call the professionals. Here at Cleary Plumbing & Air, our reliable Palm Beach Gardens, FL plumbing contractors are dedicated to getting to the root of the issue and finding out what can be done to ensure the problem doesn’t arise again. Give us a call and take advantage of our quality plumbing services!
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from homeowners in your area.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair or Replacing
Water heaters are responsible for warm showers and clean, fresh dishes. That’s why when our water heaters begin to experience issues, daily life can be disrupted in the most inconvenient ways. Some of the most common indications that your hot water heater needs professional repair services include:
- Water Goes Cold Quickly: Arguably one of the most frustrating signs your hot water heater needs attention is if you run out of hot water quickly. Unless you have a tankless water heater, your hot water has a limit. However, this does not mean you should only have a few minutes of enjoying hot water before your time runs out. If your hot water goes cold before you can say, “I like hot showers,” it’s time for a repair.
- Water Isn’t Really Getting Hot: Another common sign that your hot water needs repairs if it’s acting more like a warm water heater. This problem could be caused by outside elements such as cold weather or frozen pipes but it could also indicate that you have damaged internal electrical components.
- Leaking: Any type of water coming from your water heater is never a good sign. Even leaks that appear to be minor can quickly progress into major leaks that cause severe water damage or leave your unit inoperable. Sometimes, it’s difficult to know if you actually have a leak or not so give us a call for a free home inspection to assess the issue.
- Strange Sounds: If you’ve recently noticed that your water heater has begun to make strange noises such a rumbling or clanging, this could indicate that your unit has sediment buildup at the bottom of the hot water heater tank. This sediment can become hardened over time and those sounds will change to banging or rumbling.
- Rusty Water: Another common sign that your unit needs repairs if the water coming from your pipes is any color but clear. If you’re noticing rust-tinged water coming out of your faucets, this could indicate that your hot water heater needs to be replaced.
A damaged water heater can be a plumbing emergency. At Cleary Plumbing & Air, we are available for 24-hour emergency service, keeping your home protected and functional.
Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning
Faulty heaters aren’t the only common problem when it comes to household plumbing issues in Palm Beach Gardens. Our drains can become clogged with all types of elements from toilet paper to hair to foreign objects curtesy of a curious toddler. Whatever the culprit of your blockage, drain cleaning is the answer to your clog problems.
Some of the benefits you can expect to reap with professional drain cleaning include:
- Reduce Blockages: This may sound obvious but routine drain cleaning can significantly reduce the frequency of blockages and clogs. Small clogs can have drastic negative impacts on our sinks and showers, making daily tasks such as showering or washing dishes a hassle. When presented with blockages, most homeowners head to the supermarket to rack up on drain cleaning solutions. However, this method can actually do more harm than good as the chemicals cause pipes to corrode.
- Eliminate Odors: As our drains become clogged with dirt and debris, they become breeding grounds for the growth of mold and mildew. These can cause unpleasant odors that can be hard to eliminate until the root of the problem is solved, which in this case would be your dirty pipes. Routine drain cleaning can put an end to these bad smells once and for all and make your home smell great again.
- Reduce Repair Costs: Contrary to popular belief, clogged drains don’t just go away on their own. They actually continue to worsen and can cause severe drainage issues that will require professional repair services. By receiving routine drain cleaning, you can reduce your need for repair services and thus lower your plumbing maintenance expenses.
- Preventative Maintenance: Routine drain cleaning is truly the gift that keeps on giving. These services are affordable and convenient and save homeowners hundreds of dollars year-round that would otherwise be spent repairing common plumbing issues such as slow drains or clogged toilets.
Looking for more helpful tips you can implement at home? Be sure to visit our blog and hear from our expert plumbing contractors today!
Your Trusted Residential Plumbing Contractors
Since 1991, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing South Florida residents with dependable plumbing services they can depend on. Whether you’re experiencing a faulty water heater or clogged drains are interfering with daily activities, we can help. Call us today to take advantage of our 24-hour emergency plumbing services, affordable membership plans, and flexible financing options.