Many people living outside of Southern Florida think that our weather is always sunshine and warmth. However, contrary to popular belief, our winters get pretty cool, and being without an adequate central heating system in your West Palm Beach, FL home can get rather uncomfortable. At Cleary Plumbing & Air, we understand the importance of a dependable HVAC company that can provide repair services when our heaters experience malfunctions. If you’re dealing with issues with your heater, you don’t have to deal with them alone. Call us today and find out how our heating repair services can benefit you!
Are you on the market for a brand new heating system? Give us a call to schedule your professional heater installation services today!
Signs You Need Heater Repair
We often don’t realize just how much we rely on our heating systems until the dreadful day we begin experiencing malfunctions. When our heaters begin to show signs of failure, the best course of action is to call your trusted HVAC company to remedy small issues before they become bigger ones.
Some of the signs that indicate your heating system is in need of repairs include:
- No Heat: Heaters have one primary job: to heat. So when our heating units are no longer providing us with the warmth and comfort we’re used to, it’s no surprise that something has gone wrong. Lack of heat can be due to various factors such as loose or damaged internal components or due to thermostat malfunctioning.
- Abnormal Smells: It’s not uncommon for our heaters to emit strange smells when we first activate them after a long period of non-use. However, if the smell lingers or gets stronger as your unit runs, this could indicate that something is wrong. You could be dealing with debris trapped within the unit or some type of electrical issue.
- Trouble Turning On: The older our heating systems get, the longer they may take to turn on. However, if your unit is failing to turn on altogether, or it takes various tries to turn on, you may be dealing with disconnected wiring or a faulty thermostat.
- Uneven Heat: Another common indicator that your heater is in need of repairs is if you notice an uneven distribution of heat throughout your home. This could be caused by leaking ductwork or a broken thermostat.
- Strange Noises: No properly working heater should be generating loud, disruptive sounds. Squealing or whistling noises could indicate that you are experiencing belt or fan problems while banging could mean you have loose internal parts.
Benefits of Ongoing Heater Maintenance
After you’ve had your HVAC system repaired, you may be wondering how to ensure your heating unit won’t experience similar or new problems any time soon. The answer is ongoing professional heater maintenance. Having routine tune-ups and check-ups is the best way to make sure your heater is efficient, reliable, and performing optimally.
The benefits you can expect to reap with professional HVAC maintenance include:
- Save Energy: The older your heating system gets, the more TLC it will need over time. Our HVAC systems become clogged with dirt and debris which take away from our unit’s ability to operate to the best of its ability. During a maintenance check, we will be able to ensure your system is running as efficiently as possible and not being bogged down by small issues.
- Improved Air Quality: As air moves through our ducts to provide us with adequate heat, so too do other particles such as dust, bacteria, mildew, pet dander, pollen, etc. By having your unit and ducts cleaned regularly, you can ensure these particles are not being circulated throughout your home, therefore, improving the indoor air quality.
- Ensure Safety: When our heating systems are working properly, they will emit small amounts of carbon monoxide in the air. However, a malfunctioning system may emit more CO than actually considered safe so it’s important that your system is in tip-top shape and not creating a hazardous environment.
- Save Money: Multiple repair jobs can add up quickly so if you find yourself needing a heater repair every other week, you may want to consider other options. This could include replacing your system or having routine tune-ups to ensure your unit is always working properly.
What Heating Maintenance Involves?
Having routine maintenance service on your heating system has proved to be beneficial but you may be wondering what these service calls entail. When you call our team of experts for HVAC maintenance, we will perform the following tasks:
- Making sure your thermostat is calibrated.
- Checking that all connections are tightened and secure.
- Checking for leaks or potential leaks in your ducts.
- Lubricating rusty parts.
- Testing air quality.
- Checking carbon monoxide levels.
Maintenance is essential, which is why making it easier can be such a help. Be sure to ask about our membership plans and enjoy a healthier system in no time!
Call Your Trusted HVAC Experts Today!
Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing the greater West Palm Beach area with quality HVAC services since 1991. Whether your heater is producing strange, disruptive sounds or emitting foul odors, we can help. Give us a call today and find out why we’re clearly the best when it comes to professional customer service, convenient membership plans, and flexible financing options!