Notice mold growth or having respiratory issues as a result of too much humidity in your home? You could benefit from a whole-home dehumidifier. Cleary Plumbing & Air provides expert dehumidifier installation in West Palm Beach, FL. Give us a call to discuss your needs!
Want more ways to improve your indoor air quality? Consider a whole home air purifier to breathe cleaner air!
How Dehumidifiers Work?
Dehumidifiers and AC systems have a lot of similarities and are nearly identical when it comes to functionality. However, one major difference between the two is that AC units are made to cool the air while dehumidifiers are made for removing excess moisture from the air. Although our AC systems naturally dehumidify the air, dehumidifiers remove moisture more efficiently at a higher rate.
Dehumidifiers are comprised of four major components:
- Fan Compressor
- Compressor cooling coils
First, the fan compressor collects air from your home and pulls it into your dehumidifier. Then, air passes over the compressor cooling coils which utilize condensation to take moisture out the air. This moisture stays on the coils and pours into the reservoir and then the dehumidifier rewarms the air and exhausts it back into your home.
Signs You Need a Dehumidifier
Too much of anything is never a good thing. This is extremely true when it comes to moisture in your home’s indoor air. These wet conditions can become the perfect breeding ground for mold, mildew, and other bacteria to grow and thrive. If you’re wondering if a dehumidifier is a right choice for you, consider the following signs:
- Visible Mold Spots: The most telltale sign that moisture levels are too high in your home is the visible onset of mold in your home. Areas in your home that deal with excess moisture, such as a bathroom, need to be properly ventilated in order to deter mold growth. If you notice dark spots on your bathroom walls or ceiling, you have a mold issue.
- Condensation on Windows: Another telltale sign that your humidity levels are too high is if you notice fog on your windows. A dehumidifier will eliminate this problem and ensure that your home isn’t a breeding ground for the spread of mold.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a musty smell in your home you just can’t seem to shake despite cleaning, you most likely have a mold and mildew issue. This is common in areas such as garages or basements when windows aren’t sealed properly. Check your windows and vents to make sure you have proper ventilation and get your dehumidifier installed today.
- Water Stains: While water stains are a common indication of leaking pipes in your ceiling, they can also indicate that moisture levels are too high. If you notice water stains on your ceiling or walls, make sure you don’t have any leaks. If you’re in the clear, excessive moisture is your culprit.
- Allergies: Excessive moisture in the air can also have negative impacts on your home’s indoor air quality. These high levels of humidity can cause dust mites, debris, and mold spores to spread and irritate your allergies. If you notice your allergies intensify when you’re at home, you may need a dehumidifier installed.
Benefits of AC Dehumidifier Installation
Installing an AC dehumidifier can be life-changing and have tremendous positive effects on your home. When you get your unit installed, here are some of the benefits you can expect to reap with your new system:
- Improved air quality
- Mold prevention
- Elimination of dust, debris, and other airborne allergens
- Increased comfortability
- Portable & convenient
- Easy to maintain
- Fast installation
Humidity levels aren’t the only factor that affects your indoor air quality. Dirty air ducts can cause a lot of the same issues that excessive moisture in the air can. Call us today for professional air duct cleaning services.
Call Us Today!
Since 1991, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing the greater West Palm Beach area with professional and reliable HVAC services. Whether you’re experiencing random wet spots on your walls and ceilings or excess moisture is irritating your or a loved one’s allergies, we can help. Call us today and take advantage of our dependable emergency services, flexible financing options, and affordable membership plans!