Although every business has a business plan, sometimes, the unexpected can occur and leave West Palm Beach business owners high and dry. Plumbing emergencies such as overflowing toilets, leaky faucets, and clogged drains can have a negative impact on business. When the unexpected does occur, you need a reliable commercial plumbing company you can call and depend on. Enter: Cleary Plumbing & Air. We understand the importance of treating and preventing plumbing issues in an urgent manner. Give us a call and find out how our services can benefit you!
If it's been awhile since your drains have been cleared, do the right thing and give us a call for preventative hydrojetting to prevent costly problems in the future.!
Common Plumbing Issues
When it comes to owning a property, plumbing issues at some point are inevitable. Millions of homeowners and business owners experience at least one type of plumbing problem every year. Whether it be a faulty water heater or a clogged pipe, having a reliable commercial plumbing service company to help is essential. Some of the common issues we deal with include:
- Leaky Faucets: Leaky faucets are not only a nuisance to listen to but they can end up costing you thousands of dollars every year. One drop per second can equal up to 10,000 gallons of wasted water in a year. This problem is usually due to loose components that need to be tightened or replaced altogether.
- Slow Drains: Another typical issue in commercial business spaces is drains that are slow to drain or have a difficult time draining at all. Clogged drains can obstruct the flow of water and even lead to backflow in some cases.
- Clogged Toilets: Arguably the most common of all plumbing issues, clogged toilets affect millions of people every year. Clogged toilets can be caused by too much toilet paper usage, the flushing of objects such as feminine hygiene products, baby wipes, or diapers, and many other culprits. Another reason you may be experiencing clogged toilets is that your toilets are outdated and need to be replaced.
- Running Toilet: Running toilets can cost thousands when it comes to water consumption. The most common culprits of running toilets are damaged, loose, or worn-out components such as the flapper seal, flush valve, or the toilet handle.
- Sewer System Backup: Sewer system backup is usually caused by clogged pipes. Pipes can become clogged from a wide array of factors such as soap scum, grease, hair, etc.
- Faulty Water Heater: It’s never a good thing when our water heaters begin to malfunction. A defective industrial water heater can cause our pipes to freeze and result in the lack of hot water. If you own a restaurant or any property with a public restroom, this can be a major problem and even negatively affect the sanitation and cleanliness of your business.
Signs You Have a Plumbing Leak
Contrary to popular belief, not all leaks are obvious or even visible to the eye. Many business owners in the West Palm Beach area could have leaks they didn’t even know existed until they are met with a high water bill. The best way to detect a leak is to take heed to the signs. Some of these signs include:
- Spike in Water Bill: As stated above, when a leak is present, it will definitely reflect in your property’s water bill. If you’ve been up and running for a while, chances are you know what to expect each month when it comes to your utility bills, which is why an unprecedented spike is definitely a cause for alarm.
- Wet Spots: Another common sign that a leak is present is if you notice wet/damp spots on your floors, walls, and ceilings. You will also notice the growth of mold and the smell of mildew which is never good for business.
- Foul Odor: Anywhere water is present, the onset of mildew can be expected. So if you notice a foul odor in areas where water shouldn’t be, you may be dealing with a nasty leak.
- Water Meter Shows Leak: Another great way to tell that you have a leak is if your water meter indicates that your water usage has significantly increased without any major changes.
While paying attention to the signs of a leak, the most effective way to detect one is with professional leak detection. Call us today to schedule detection services!
Since 1991, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing both homeowners and business owners alike with quality commercial plumbing services in the greater West Palm Beach area. Whether you’re dealing with leaky faucets, a faulty commercial water heater, clogged pipes, or sewer system backup, we can help. Give us a call today to take advantage of our professional customer service, affordable financing plans, and 24-hour emergency plumbing services.