When problems with our industrial AC or heater units arise, business activities can be brought to a halt. Not only does a malfunctioning HVAC system increase energy usage and costs but it can also negatively impact factors such as the indoor air quality. If you are experiencing issues with your West Palm Beach commercial HVAC system, call Cleary Plumbing & Air today and find out how our industrial HVAC repair services can benefit you!
HVAC issues can arise at any time, with no reverence for “normal business hours.” Luckily, we have got you covered with 24/7 emergency services.
Common HVAC Problems
From dirty evaporator coils to clogged air filters, there are various factors that can lead to or even directly cause issues with your heating and cooling system. Some of the most common problems business owners tend to experience with their HVAC systems include:
- Dirty Air Filters: Dirty or clogged air filters not only wreak havoc on our indoor air quality, but they can also shorten the life of our HVAC systems. Dirty filters can restrict our unit’s airflow and cause our units to work overtime to provide our commercial spaces with adequate heat or cool air. It’s important to change filters regularly to prevent the spread of airborne pollutants such as dirt, dust, debris, and pollen.
- Disruptive Noises: Another common issue business owners often experience is disruptive sounds emitting from the industrial furnace. These noises could indicate a mechanical problem or an issue with the blower motor. Sounds such as squealing or whining should never be ignored as they indicate that your furnace is in need of urgent repair or replacement services.
- Tripped Breakers: Another common issue amongst industrial furnaces is tripped circuit breakers. If your breaker is constantly tripping, this is a sign that your furnace is working harder than it should be. This could be caused by a blockage in the blower motor which could indicate your air filters need replacing. Other issues that could cause your blower to work hard are leaking ductwork or blocked air registers.
- Dirty Evaporator Coils: When our HVAC system’s evaporator coils become clogged with dirt and debris, our unit’s efficiency can reduce dramatically and make your system work harder. These coils could be fairly easy to clean but coils that are extremely dirty require professional cleaning or replacing.
- Leaks: Our HVAC systems are equipped with drain pipes to employ proper water drainage from the unit’s condensation. However, these drain lines can become clogged or damaged and the result is water leaking from your unit.
Benefits of New Commercial HVAC System
The older your industrial air conditioner or furnace is, the more susceptible it is to experiencing issues from normal wear and tear. Upgrading your HVAC system is extremely beneficial and can save business owners a lot of money every year. Some of the benefits you can expect to reap when you upgrade your HVAC system include:
- Improved Airflow: Thanks to new technology, HVAC systems are designed with numerous speed motors to make sure that air is flowing evenly to each area of your commercial space. These settings function at energy-efficient levels that keep your energy costs down.
- Eco-Friendly: In today’s climate, going green is extremely beneficial to individuals and corporations alike. While conventional AC units and furnaces burned a lot of fuel and emitted harmful gasses into the air, modern HVAC systems are designed to have the opposite effect and be as environmentally friendly as possible with up to one-third less fuel. These eco-friendly features can even award you with beneficial tax incentives.
- Cost Savings: Our AC units are measured by SEER, which is the seasonal energy efficiency ratio. While conventional AC units usually operate in the 8 to 10 range, newer ACs can range as high as 25 SEER which will save you a lot of money every year.
- Furnace Cost Savings: Furnaces are measured by AFUE which is annual fuel utilization efficiency. While conventional industrial furnaces operate around 65% AFUE, newer models can operate at up to 98% AFUE. The savings explain themselves.
How to Keep HVAC Costs Down?
Running a business or owning a commercial space is not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of factors, costs, and worries that go into keeping a business afloat and taking care of all expenses. Our HVAC systems make up a large portion of our energy usage and therefore our utility bills so finding ways to keep costs down is remarkably beneficial. Some of the ways you can keep your HVAC expenses down and save money include:
- Ongoing professional HVAC maintenance
- Quickly repair any leaks and seal all drafts
- Increase your insulation
- Keep thermostat relatively low
- Change air filters regularly
- Reduce direct sunlight if possible
- Upgrade to a programmable thermostat
- Routine ductwork inspections
Ductwork plays a huge role when it comes to our HVAC systems. Ensure your air ducts are in great shape with professional ductwork repair and cleaning.
Your Trusted Commercial HVAC Contractors
For almost three decades, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing West Palm Beach business owners and homeowners alike with dependable HVAC services they can depend on. Whether you’re looking for ways to cut down on energy costs or your ductwork needs professional attention, we can help! Call us today and learn why we’re clearly the best when it comes to industrial AC and furnace repair and installation!