When it comes to our HVAC systems, there are a lot of components that contribute to the operating of our units to provide us with heated or cooled air. Our air ducts are the veins of our HVAC systems and responsible for delivering conditioned air throughout homes. Unfortunately, over time, our air ducts can become clogged with all types of unwanted particles from pet dander to dust and debris. The best thing we can do to protect our air ducts and our West Palm Beach, FL home’s indoor air quality is to invest in professional air duct cleaning and repair services. Call Cleary Plumbing & Air today to schedule your air duct services today!
Are you in the market for a brand new HVAC system? Call Cleary Plumbing & Air today to find out how our air conditioner and heater installation services can benefit you.
How Dirty Air Ducts Affect Your Health
Failing to address dirty air ducts can wreak havoc on your health. This is especially true in households where people may suffer from allergies, nasal congestion, and other health issues. Dirty air ducts can negatively impact your health and home in the following ways:
- Decreased Indoor Air Quality: Air ducts can become clogged with dirt, dust, debris, pet dander, hair, pollen, and other pollutants that shouldn’t be breathed in. According to medical research, people who suffer from pulmonary and respiratory issues have improved symptoms when their home’s air ducts were cleaned regularly.
- Allergy Irritant: Many people have allergies that become irritated by pollen, dust, and pet dander. When these contaminants accumulate in our air ducts, they are circulated in our homes and eventually breathed in by the inhabitants of the home. This could be dangerous for people with asthma, the elderly, and young children.
- Pest Infestation: Another reason you may want to think twice about skipping out on air duct cleaning is dirty air ducts are the perfect living conditions for pests such as rats, roaches, and other insects and rodents. Insects and rodents carry disease and can even get inside of your home to infiltrate your kitchen.
- Can Cause Foul Odor: There’s nothing worse than having to live with the smell of mold and mildew in your home. No amount of candler or air fresheners can erase the musty odor brought about from having mold and mildew inside of your ducts.
- HVAC System Efficiency Loss: When debris and dirt are in our air ducts, the air circulating in our homes is no longer filtered. This can negatively impact our HVAC systems and can even shorten the lifespan of our heating and cooling units.
Signs It’s Time for Air Duct Repair or Replacement
According to government-run EnergyStar, 25% of the air in our air ducts is lost due to leaks and poorly fitted ducts. This means you can lose more than hundreds of dollars every year the problem persists. The best way to put an end to all the lost energy is to repair or replace your ductwork. Some of the signs that indicate it’s time for professional services include:
- Increased Energy Bills: When our ductwork has leaks or broken seals, it won’t matter what setting your thermostat is set on. As the temperature in your home increases, your HVAC system will work harder to regulate it and a lot of air will escape in the process. This energy loss can significantly increase your home’s energy consumption and therefore your energy bills.
- Uneven Conditioning: Another sign that it’s time for professional service on your ductwork is if you notice that certain rooms in your home are warmer or cooler than others despite being set at the same temperature. This can be a direct result of faulty ducts that can’t properly distribute air evenly to every part of your house.
- Loud HVAC System: While no HVAC system is absolutely silent, the noise from your unit definitely shouldn’t be disrupting your daily activities. The sound of rattling could indicate that your HVAC unit is working harder than it should be to provide heat or cool air to your home. Sometimes, the joints that connect our ducts can become damaged and result in strange noises such as whistling or rattling.
- Visible Debris Around Vents: If you notice dust accumulating around the vents in your home, this is indicative that your air is full of debris. This debris most likely came directly from your dirty air ducts and needs to be addressed right away to prevent further problems such as small insects or rodent infestation.
- Your Ducts Are Old: If your home is older than 50 years old, you need to find out when your ducts were last replaced. Old ductwork is highly susceptible to experiencing problems such as leakage, loosened seals, mold and mildew growth, and pest infestation.
Benefits of Professional Air Duct Cleaning
As we’re sure you understand by now, air duct cleaning is extremely important when it comes to indoor air quality and the operation of your HVAC system. When you receive professional air duct cleaning services, you can expect to reap various benefits such as:
- Reduced allergens & irritants
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- Cleaner living environment
- Longer lifespan for HVAC system
- Improved energy efficiency
- Remove unpleasant odors generated from mold and mildew
- Improved airflow
Another great way to improve your home’s indoor air quality is with regular air cleaning & filtration services. Call us today to schedule your services!
Clearly the Best Air Duct Cleaning & Repair Company!
For almost three decades, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing South Florida residents with quality HVAC services they can depend on. Whether your HVAC system has lost efficiency due to damaged air ducts or you can’t seem to shake the smell of mold and mildew in your home, we can help! Give us a call today to take advantage of our reliable 24-hour emergency services, affordable membership plans, and flexible financing options!