Residents of West Palm Beach, FL know just how hot our summers can get here in Southern Florida. That is why it’s increasingly important to make sure our air conditioning system is operating properly and efficiently to keep us cool and comfortable during hot and humid conditions. If you are experiencing issues with your AC unit, you may be in need of professional central air conditioning repair services. At Cleary Plumbing & Air, we are your reliable air conditioning service company. From repairs to routine maintenance, our experts are here to help.
Are you on the market for a brand new AC unit? We can help with that too! Call us today to take advantage of our quality AC installation service.
Signs Your AC Unit Needs Repairs
As days begin to get hotter, making sure your cooling system is prepared for the long summer ahead is important. If you notice any of the following warning signs from your central AC, act now in order to prevent being without cool air.
- Unit Blowing Warm Air: If the air blowing from your AC unit isn’t cool, there is definitely something wrong. Our air conditioning systems can blow hot air when we have a faulty thermostat or when we are dealing with a broken compressor that needs repair.
- Poor Airflow: One common indication that your AC is in need of repair is if you notice that you have insufficient airflow in our home. When some rooms in your home are cooler than others despite being set to the same temperature, you need professional service.
- Leaks: If you notice pooled water around your AC unit, this is a sign your air conditioner isn’t operating properly. You may be experiencing a refrigerant leak or frozen coils.
- High Levels of Humidity: Let’s face it, summers in Florida can get downright sticky. Humidity levels may be high outside but they shouldn’t be in the comfort of your own home. When your HVAC system can’t properly regulate moisture levels in your home, this is a sign your unit is in need of repairs or you may need a whole-home dehumidifier installed.
- Foul Odor: No one wants to turn on their AC unit to cool down, only to be met with an unpleasant smell of mold or mildew circulating through their vents. Debris, bacteria, pet dander, dust, pollen, and other particles can become trapped within our AC filters and in our ducts.
Benefits of Routine AC Tune-Ups
As you’ve learned, there are many things that can go wrong with our AC units at some point or another. Our HVAC systems are composed of many components so it’s no surprise that one thing or another will stop working properly eventually. That’s why it’s so important to have routine AC maintenance and tune-ups.
Some of the benefits you can expect to reap as a result of ongoing maintenance include:
- Enhanced Indoor Air Quality: As we stated above, dirt and debris can become trapped within our HVAC system and create many negative conditions such as foul odor or clogged ducts. With routine maintenance, our experts will be able to ensure your unit is cleaned thoroughly and that contaminants aren’t circulating throughout your home.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: During a routine inspection, our HVAC technicians will inspect and clean your coils, blades, and other components of your system. When our coils are clean, they are able to provide cool temperatures and save on energy.
- Fewer Repairs: Another benefit of having ongoing maintenance is not having to have repair service so often. It’s no surprise that these repairs can quickly add up, especially when you’re needing them frequently. With routine check-ups and inspection, our experts will be able to catch small problems before they become more costly.
- Extend the Life of Unit: Preventative maintenance will also prolong your unit’s life span and ensure that your cooling system is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible at all times.
One small way to improve your indoor air quality is with routine AC filter replacement.
Call Us Today!
Since 1991, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been serving the HVAC needs of West Palm Beach residents and homeowners. Regardless of if your central AC system is blowing hot air or emitting a foul odor, we can help. Just pick up the phone and give us a ring today to take advantage of our affordable membership plans, highly-skilled craftsmanship, and reliable 24-hour emergency services!