Having a properly working air conditioner in West Palm Beach, FL is less of a luxury and more of a necessity. Our summers can get uncomfortably hot and with an old air conditioner in your home, they can quickly become dangerous. So as the days start to heat up, it’s important to make sure your air conditioning system is in pristine condition and ready to keep your home cool and comfortable. Whether you’re on the market for your first brand new AC unit or your current one needs an upgrade, we can help. We are your central AC installation and replacement experts!
Time for a new AC? Enjoy an extended 10 year labor warranty on new AC installation with active Diamond Club Membership.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner?
When our AC systems begin to experience issues such as blowing hot air or leaking ducts, it’s time to assess the best course of action. In some cases, your AC unit may just need a simple repair job but other times, a full-on replacement may be necessary. If you’re wondering whether it’s time to upgrade your unit, we’re here to provide clarity.
Here are a few signs that indicate your unit needs to be replaced:
- You have an older unit: Most air conditioning systems have a lifespan of around 10 to 15 years. As your unit begins to age, it starts to lose efficiency and requires more energy to keep up with your home’s cooling demands. If your unit is more than 10 years old and you begin to experience issues, it may be wiser to replace the unit instead of repair it.
- Your utility bills are increasing: As our units get older, they require more energy to properly operate and supply our homes with cool air. You may notice a steady increase in your cooling expenses over time when your AC system isn’t working as efficiently as it once did.
- Your unit needs repair often: Another common sign that it’s time to upgrade your system is how frequently you’re receiving repair services. Repair costs can accumulate quickly and you may even find you’re paying more in repair expenses than the total cost of a new installation.
- Low airflow: Air conditioners are generally sized based on the square footage they need to cool. A unit that’s undersized may struggle to keep your entire home comfortable. Whether it was bought wrong, to begin with, or you’ve completed a recent home expansion, little to no airflow in certain areas of your home should never be ignored.
Benefits of AC Installation
Opting for a replacement instead of a repair can have numerous benefits. Aside from the obvious peace of mind you will receive knowing you have a brand new unit, some of the benefits you can expect include:
- Reduced Energy Consumption: As technology advances and energy efficiency becomes more and more important, new AC systems are being created to bring your energy consumption down. These new systems meet strict efficiency standards such as having a seasonal energy efficiency ratio rating of at least 15.
- Decreased Cooling Bills: Upgrading your AC means you’ll also save on your energy bills!
- Enhanced Air Quality: Our AC systems circulate cool air through our homes via ductwork and vents. As time goes on, our units can become clogged with dirt and debris that will inevitably find its way through our ducts and into our homes. When you upgrade your unit, you can sleep easy knowing your system is only blowing cool air through your home and improving your indoor air quality.
- Improved Durability: As stated above, most AC units have a lifespan of up to 15 years. When you upgrade your system, you can feel confident that it will be a long while before your unit begins to experience any kind of malfunctions.
Another benefit of upgrading your unit is having more options to choose the perfect cooling system for your home. Call us today and find out if a ductless mini-split AC system is the right choice for you!
Your Trusted HVAC Experts
For almost 30 years, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing the greater West Palm Beach area with quality HVAC services homeowners can count on. Regardless if you’re upgrading your unit because of a change in cooling needs or if you’re looking for the perfect cooling system for your new construction, we can help! Give us a call today and take advantage of our quality customer service, flexible financing options, and cost-friendly membership plans. Let us show you why we’re clearly the best!
Certified Rheem, RUUD and Trane Dealers
At Cleary Plumbing & Air, we work with the best AC brands to bring you superior quality and value. We're proud to be a certified Rheem, RUDD and Trane dealer! If you need to replace your existing AC unit, you can trust that our indoor comfort pros can help recommend and install the right unit to meet your needs.