Contrary to what many people believe, indoor air quality is up to 10 times worse than outdoor quality. Although many people worry about the air pollution found outside, the outdoors have one advantage over the indoors: no enclosed spaces. Our homes, no matter the size, can allow potential pollutants to build-up within the contained atmosphere. This indoor air pollution is most frequently caused by improperly maintained HVAC systems that tend to circulate pollutants such as chemicals from cleaning supplies, pet dander, dust, and other airborne contaminants. The best way to combat these issues is with professional whole-home air cleaning and filtration services!
An important part of maintaining excellent indoor air quality is with routine cleaning of our HVAC systems. Call us today to schedule a routine heating or AC tune-up.
Signs You Need Air Cleaning
When it comes to our health and wellbeing, there’s virtually nothing more important than the air we breathe. Unfortunately, as our world population increases, and as the growth of cities and urban environments spread, the quality of our air is constantly under attack from harmful chemicals in the air. Although there’s not much we can do as individuals to cleanse the air around us, we can take control of the air quality within our own homes. If you’re wondering if air cleaning and filtration services are right for you, pay attention to the following signs:
- Worsening Allergies: Allergy and asthma triggers such as mold, dust mites pollen, and pet dander can aggravate any pre-existing respiratory conditions. If you notice that you always feel worse when you’re at home, this could be a sign that it’s time for whole-home air filtration.
- HVAC Inefficiency: Another great way to tell if your indoor home air quality is poor is by paying attention to your HVAC system and the bills associated with it. If you notice a spike in your energy bills, this could indicate that your HVAC system is working harder than usual. This usually occurs when our units and ductwork become clogged with dirt and debris and can be reduced significantly with whole-home air filtration and cleaning services.
- Excessive Cleaning: Unless you’ve recently taken on a reconstruction project in your home, the excessive onset of dust is never a good sign. Large amounts of dust can accumulate in your home and infiltrate your clean air. If you notice that you’re having to clean more often than usual, your HVAC system may be to blame and contributing to your dwindling air quality.
- Uneven Temperatures: Another sign that your indoor air quality isn’t too good is if you notice uneven temperatures in certain areas of your home. As we stated above, dirty ductwork has a huge impact on our indoor air quality and can also cause cool air or heat to be inadequately distributed throughout your home.
- Foul Odors: When mold and mildew are present in your home, you will most likely notice a musty odor lingering in the house. These smells can become stale and hard to get rid of, negatively affecting your indoor air quality. Pay attention to how long smells in your home linger. If you’re still smelling that meal you cooked earlier in the week, you’re dealing with stale odors.
How UV Air Sanitizers Work?
On the market today, there are numerous types of filtration systems and air purifiers at your fingertips. Here at Cleary Plumbing & Air, we recommend opting for UV air sanitizing as the best protection against airborne pathogens.
UV air sanitizers utilize short-wave ultraviolet light to inactivate airborne pathogens and microorganisms such as bacteria, mold, and viruses. The primary goal of these devices is to eliminate unwanted contaminants from the air that could pollute the indoor air quality. These air purifiers use UV-C light to disinfect the air. UV-C light can alter the very DNA of air pollutants by making them inactive and virtually destroying them.
These purifiers work well combined with an air filter such as a HEPA filter. HEPA filters are designed to eliminate radioactive particles from the air as well as contaminants such as pet dander, bacteria, dust mites, and pollen.
When it comes to our indoor air quality, our air ducts can have a huge impact as well. Call us today for air duct repair if you suspect your ductwork is negatively affecting your home’s air.
Benefits of Air Cleaning & Filtration
Air purifiers and filtration can do wonders for our indoor air quality. From preventing the spread of viruses to drastically improving pre-existing respiratory issues, these devices are a wonderful addition to our HVAC systems to make sure we’re breathing in the cleanest air possible. Some of the benefits you can expect to reap by getting your whole-home air cleaning and filtration installed include:
- Eliminate allergens and potential respiratory system triggers.
- Trap tobacco or cigarette smoke.
- Eliminate the presence of radon.
- Reduce carbon dioxide levels.
- Get rid of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) found in paint and cleaning products.
- Protect high-risk individuals such as the elderly and young children.
- Increase air circulation.
- And more!
Call Us Today!
For almost three decades, Cleary Plumbing & Air has been providing West Palm Beach homeowners and business owners alike with professional air quality services. Whether you’re looking for ways to eliminate the spread of germs and bacteria or you’re desperate to get those musty odors out your home, our air cleaning and filtration services can help! Give us a call today to take advantage of our affordable membership plans, flexible financing options, and 24/7 emergency services!